The overall objective of the Erasmus+ project “Re-Cycling” is to facilitate a healthy life-style among kids and families through cycling, and to promote social inclusion. This goal will be achieved through the development of a training programme regarding Do-It-Yourself repairs and re-use of bike components as well as through Re-Cycling Fairs held in the partner countries. The activities provide cross-sectoral training to raise awareness on sustainability and enable knowledge transfer in the field of circular economy between all stakeholders.
The project is being implemented over a period of two years together with partner organisations from Italy, France, Northern Macedonia and Austria.
Priorities of the project
Inclusion & Diversity
Environment & Climate
Sport & Physical Activity
The project will encourage children to take up physical activity after a long period of sedentariness forced by the Covid-19 emergency. “Re-Cycling” will help some of them to cope with psychological diseases caused by a stressful period.
Direct target groups:
- children and families with low-SES
- cycling teachers/trainers from schools and bike clubs/associations
Indirect target groups:
- local stakeholders and communities
- regional and national policy makers
- European institutions and networks
This work-package includes the overall Coordination & Management, Financial Management as well as Monitoring & Evaluation of the project. Up to five Steering Comitee meetings will take place.
The main output of this work-package is a blended learning programme aimed at families regarding Do-It-Yourself repairs, the re-use of bike components and green biking, including:
- organising a transnational workshop “Circular economy in biking”
- designing a Training Programme on “Green and sustainable biking”
- piloting and fine-tuning of the “Green and sustainable biking” training
The main outputs of this work-package are the five Re-Cycling Fairs held in Italy, France, Austria, Hungary and North Macedonia, including:
- engaging schools, families and local stakeholders
- organising and carrying out the Re-Cycling Fairs
- drawing up guidelines for future Re-Cycling Fairs
The dates of the Re-Cycling Events can be found on the official project page.
Impact & Communication
The main outputs of the work-package include:
- developing a Social, Environmental and Economic Impact Tool (SEE IT) to estimate the impact of the “Green & Sustainable Biking” Training and Re-Cycling Fairs potential and evaluate transferability and potential for scaling-up
- institutional and digital communications
- organising communication events
- Trans-national workshop “Circular Economy in Biking”
on 22nd February at Milan (Italy)
- Re-Cycling Fairs in 2023/2024 in Austria, France, Italy, North Macedonia
- Re-Cycling Final Event in September 2024 in Brussels (Belgium)
The project is co-funded by the European Union as part of the Erasmus+ Program for Education, Youth and Sport.